Tuesday, March 20, 2012

There's Peanut Butter In My Hair

Ok, so I've had my morning protein shake, washed my face, and opened the windows. Now let's see if I can get through my first blog! I don't really have a "reason" to blog, just seems like a great way to just air my brain! 


So I am sitting here watching HGTV. I have to tell ya, a girl that hasn't worked in ten months should not sit and watch HGTV for long. It seems like every show I watch makes me think, "Oh, I can totally do that!" and then I find myself looking around the house, thinking about how it would look if I ripped out a few walls here and there. Or, what if I gutted the kitchen and updated it? Maybe even redo a bathroom or two?... Yeah Carrie, keep dreaming! Not only do those projects take money and skill, but it also would help to be a homeowner (they sort of discourage those kinds of things when you're just renting the place). 


Now that I have my brain away from the suction of the do-it-yourself-ers on tv, I'm looking outside and, oh, what a gorgeous day it is!! I am feeling a gravitational pull, trying to get me to go outside and go for a nice long jog. Butttt, then there is also that gravitational pull telling me that taking a nap sounds like much more fun. The latter of the two pulls is stronger due to my yorkie, Coco, snoozing in my lap, making it look o so appealing! 


Running is going to win out though, I am sure of it. Thanks to a massive cold/allergy situation I've had for the past week, I have really been slacking on the running! I really have to step it up for the 5k on Saturday. I met a huge personal goal this past weekend. I ran a 5k (bridge course AND I was very sick) and I ran it in under 30 min!!! Something I have been training for for a while. Now, my goal is to place in the top three in my age group. Not so sure how that is going to work out for the race this weekend. Since it is such a large production, I have a feeling the competition will plentiful. One of my competitors will (hopefully) be Cooper, my better half. I have been pressuring him to do a 5k with me since I started doing them last year. He has finally said yes and he was supposed to participate in the Shamrock Shuffle with me last weekend but, unfortunately, he was also under the weather and definitely welcomed that excuse with open arms! This weekend I am not letting any excuses get in the way! 


Ok, I think this enough for my first blog. I don't want to overload the world with my intelligent outpourings too quickly (BAHAHA). Time to go hit the pavement for my jog..... or maybe hit the bed for my nap ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment