Monday, June 25, 2012

So... What's it supposed to be???

Last night I was on Pinterest, yet again, and I saw this great crock pot chicken recipe that I wanted to try (which I did and will write about in a later post) so I got up early this morning to go to the store to get the missing ingredients. Well... Of course you can't just go in Wal-Mart and only get what you originally came for. So, I got a few things to do a craft with. I actually got two clay pots and three different sized clay pot saucers.

Let me start off by showing you my inspiration...

Here are the supplies I had...

Now, I already had the paint and the painting supplies.... So I painted the outside and bottom of the saucers and the clay pots chocolate brown. Then, I painted the inside of the saucers turquoise.



Once everything had dried, I stacked them as shown in the picture and I just didn't like the way it looked... It looked a little too "homemade" to me. At this point I remembered that I had some little $1 candle sticks in my craft cabinet so I decided to use those instead.... here is how it turned out!






I think it turned out pretty dang cute except the way the glue dried on the candle holders! I don't like that you can see the white, foggy glue on the inside! I am trying to think of a cute way to cover that up.... Please comment your ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment